Tuesday, October 19, 2010

lab credit

I spent nearly all of day two in veolia's on-site water testing lab, a bright, large-ish room jam packed with beakers, magnetic mixers, solutions with five syllable names and state-of-the art water testing equipment. I got a crash course on testing for chlorine, salinity, conductivity, alkalinity, calcium and fluoride levels. And those were just the fun-for-mentals. The turbidity, silt density index, total dissolved solids and total suspended solids tests make up the varsity lab playbook. Matt and Abduhl were my mentors for the day, and I got to chat with them a bit as I learned about the lab. I found out something about these two that really shocked me though. Both abduhl and matt are huge seinfeld fans. And I wasn't even the one who brought it up. Imagine my shock when they asked ME if I was a seinfeld fan. And once the seinfeld references start, they don't stop. Abduhl was on fire with the costanza references, I could barely but pretty easily keep up. Matt told me about how his friends have a joke about blending seinfeld names with coffee themes. For example; jerry soyfeld, cosmo creamer, elaine beans, and I forget the one for cantstandya but it was definitely funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment